Johnson Creek Elementary School
Friends of Our School
Meeting Minutes for September 10, 2015
Present: Jean Skogman, Kristin Chowanec, Stacy Miller, Tanya Ryan, Kris Blakely, Mindy Markus, Michelle Eisner, Teresa Keeser, Paul Brady, Sara Bakken, Tara Schroeder
Secretary’s Report: Approved
Treasurer’s Report: Approved
Old Business: None
- Fall Fest
- October 28, 2015. Approximately 20-25 minutes per class, est 380 students, start 8:30 a.m.
- Agreed cost for Science Alliance (hands on reptomania safari) to high
- Glow party feedback: not as positive 4K-2, positive 3-4
- Ideas: Magician, Props, Pumpkin Painting, Carnival, Games, Tug of War, Limbo, Hula Hoop, Pogo Sticks, Musical Chairs
- Agreed on Activity Stations:
- 5-6 Tables
- Ideas: Face Painting, Tattoos, Games (Minute To Win It), Crafts, Legos, Feel Boxes
- Volunteers: Tanya, Kristin, Mindy and will request TAs and 5-6 High School Students; Teresa can assist with prep
- Tanya will chair event – will send separate email to group outlining activity station plans and prep needed for approval so plan is in place for next meeting
- Michelle will call to see if we could get pumpkins donated as prize – if successful can have stickers and markers to decorate
- Sale extended to September 11, 2015 at 11:59pm
- Purchase of cash and carry Stadium Chairs (24 at appx $600) approved
3. JCFOOS Website
- Updates almost completed; Tanya will add Kwik Trip Gift Card info (Denomination of $5-$100 available, 5% return for fuel/pump, 10% for store) to site ; Tanya will get updated link to Kris to be added to splash page on school website/newsletter; Tanya reviewing request form for teachers to determine if can be updated to mirror current written format
- Second Grade has requested $200 ($3 per student) to attend Young Auditorium production of Miss Nelson is Missing. Request Approved.
- Elementary is need of playground equipment (balls and jump ropes). Request Approved for $500.
- Roll up sleds will be needed in winter.
5. POP’s Cart
- Teresa will be handling
6. Fundraising Ideas
- Splash for Cash (Country Springs) was a great success. Considering November 6, 2015 and Jan 22, 2016 as potential dates
- Plant Sale (April/May)
- Artwork Products (December)
- Kwik Trip (Ongoing) – will add information to website as noted
- Literacy Night Basket Raffle – Spring
- Ladies Day Out Bake Sale (November 14th)
- April Citywide Rummage
Meeting Adjourned at 7:36 p.m.
The next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, October 8, 2015 at 6:00 p.m.